Warranty Terms and Conditions Summary
Warranty against possible manufacturing defects for Vamos electric bikes, 2 years warranty for frame (forks are not part of frame), 1 year for all electric parts. This excludes misuse/abuse and water damage e. g. riding through deep water. It is the customers responsibility to return and redeliver the item. This warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and receipt must be produced. This is accepted by the owner.
Examples of items which are not covered by the warranty:
- Small scratches, marks or small imperfections which do not impact the overall performance of the product or its safety
- Damage due to external causes, e.g. damage by negligent use, rust from being left outside, tampering with the battery pack or controller box, damage by road accidents and damage during any transportation, e.g. by couriers. If a Vamos product has been at all damaged during shipping please report it urgently within 14-days of receiving and we come to a solution.
- Wear and tear items which are not covered include tyres, tubes, brakes, brake pads, wheel spokes, dérailleur tuning, gear adjustments, bottom bracket tightening, handlebar adjustments.
- If the Vamos bike doesn’t reach the advertised top speed this unfortunately is not covered by the warranty along with the advertised distance it covers. There is a large number of factors including weight of the individual along with hills and use of throttle which could factor on the bike not reaching top speed or intended distance. Batteries lose capacity overtime. The advertised Amp Hours of our battery is an estimate and will match most other estimates of competing companies.
- Poor maintenance and any modifications to the product or components.
- Noise, e.g. squeaky noise, vibration noise.
- It is accepted by the customer that there could be variation between two identical models, for instance if the speed on low, medium and high pedal assist may vary and/or that the power output varies. Vamos does not guarantee that the overall performance of two exact same models is precisely the same as there may be some natural differences.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Vamos makes no representations in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and all of our goods are with guarantees that cannot and will not be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are no doubt entitled to a replacement or full refund for a major failure. Customers are also entitled to have the product repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Major failure has to not be implemented by the customer and from external powers.
The warranties and product support that Vamos offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Vamos agrees to repair and/or replace the product which we have supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with the Vamos specifications during: the Warranty period of 12 months for manufacturer faults of motor/electrics and 12 months for manufacturer faults of battery and 24 months for manufacturer faults of the frame.
- The Warranty commences on the date of delivery of the Product to the customer. If there is no date recorded there will be a 3 business day extension from purchase of the product if it was shipped.
- The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Warranty.
- Vamos requires any customer requesting service under the Warranty to comply with directions from Vamos staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions. Any repair service under warranty must be approved by Vamos. If a customer decides to perform repairs on a product without Vamos approval, Vamos will under no circumstances be liable to pay for the cost of such unauthorized repair services.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Vamos via email before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- Vamos reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Vamos reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Vamos will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Vamos with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Vamos. Vamos may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Warranty does not extend or restart the Warranty period.
- If Vamos is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Vamos store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Vamos election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
- Where Vamos authorises warranty service of a Product, the Customer will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. Always keep the original packing material. In this situation the Customer will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Vamos specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Vamos if Vamos specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Where the customer is located outside Australia, Vamos may require that the Product be sent to Australia, as directed by Vamos. The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Vamos upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Vamos within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- Vamos reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including Vamos internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Vamos Authorised Repair Centre.
- Vamos may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Warranty do not apply as per section 14.
- Vamos reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Vamos specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Warranty is not transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from Vamos.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product: If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the Product; If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product; Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product; To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions; To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer; To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for Digital Products To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications; To replacement or repair of any consumables (including cables), or lost parts or accessories; To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
- To the full extent permitted by law: Vamos will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage. Vamos aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Vamos option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product. Vamos excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
- Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Vamos Products supplied by Vamos Australia, these Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The Lithium Battery Warranty Period is 1 year. It is warranted that the battery retains 80% of capacity after 1 year.
- All warranties are voided if the product will be modified